- To provide advanced and specialized training to students in all the specialties of laboratory medicine.
- To provide the students a capacity to recognize the clinical significance of the test they perform, and evaluate the reliability of the results by obtaining satisfactory quality control results.
- To enable students to report results accurately using verbal and written means, recognizing the necessity to draw attention to abnormal values.
- To train students in the operation of laboratory instruments and able to recognize failures and take appropriate actions.
- To train the students in biomedical research methodology, search for biomedical science literature, interpretation of research data and in the written and oral presentation of scientific research.
- To motivate the students pursue further training in their choose specialty of clinical laboratory sciences or in biomedical research.
It is the mission of the M.Phil MLS program at the department of Allied Health Sciences, to help students develop advance knowledge, skill, attitude and clinical judgment required for competency as medical laboratory technologists and laboratory scientists. This program will prepare the student to independently perform wide array of more specialized and complex clinical tests in Histopathology, Haematology, Microbiology, Immunology, Chemical Pathology, Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics diagnostic laboratories. The program strives to prepare graduates who, using the newest methodologies, state of the art automated analyzers, critical thinking and task management, provide valid, accurate and precise test results used in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases.