Research Projects Completed
In last five years following research projects had been completed in Biochemistry department;
- Association of hyper homocysteinemia with coronary artery disease independent of traditional risk factors
- Comparison of CEA and CA 19-9 with CA 72-4 in patients with gastrointestinal carcinomas in localpopulation.
- Correlation of serum ferritin and serum transferring receptor/Ferritin ratio with oxidized low density lipoproteins in ischemic heart disease.
- Serum levels of HER-2/neu and estrogen in women with carcinoma of the breast and their correlation with body mass index.
- Correlation of serum adiponectin and serum lipoprotein (a) in coronary artery disease.
- Correlation of serum leptin and P-selectin in coronary artery disease.
- Serum Zinc and copper concentrations in patients with carcinoma of prostate.
- Correlation of serum zinc levels with aqueous humor and zinc levels in patients with senile cataract.
- Correlation of plasma Selenium and osteopontin concentrations in patients with carcinoma of prostate.
- Glutathione and G6PD in Oxidative stress in metabolic syndrome.
- Role of Glutamic acid, Iron, and Homocysteine in neonates with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
- Molecular analysis of GALT gene in patients with Galactosemia.
- Molecular Genetic Studies in Families with Autosomal Recessive Primary Microcephaly (MCPH) From Punjab.
- Association of Levels of Serum Selenium with Anemia in Primary School Children.
- Blood lead level and its correlation with biochemical parameters in city traffic police of Lahore.
- Detection of TNF-A Gene Polymorphism (-308 G/A) in acne vulgaris patients.
- Assessment of DNA Damage Due To Lead Exposure in Traffic Wardens of Lahore.
- Evaluation of Trace Element Deficiency in Male Infertile Patients from Cholistan.
- Linkage analysis of oculocutaneous albinism (OCA) in Pakistani families.
- Association of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism of Interleukin-6 Receptor (IL-6R) gene with Rheumatoid Arthritis in patients from Pakistan.
- 21. Estimation of Serum Trace Elements (Zn+2, Cu+2 and Fe+2) In Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- 22. Steroidogenic Factor-1 (NR5A1) in 46-XY Individuals with Disorders of Sex Developments (DSDs).
Current/on going Research Projects
Following research projects are going on;
- CYP1B1 Mutations in Local Patients with Primary Congenital Glaucoma.
- 2. Comparison of serum calprotectin in type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic males with and without obesity and its correlation with HOMA_IR and HOMA-B.
- 3. Betatrophin levels in type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic males with and without obesity and its correlation with HOMA-IR, HOMA-B and Triglycerides.