Green Youth Movement
Higher Education Commission in Collaboration with Kamyab Jawan Program, initiated a Green Youth Movement (GYM) Program. The Green Youth Movement aspires to promote a culture of eco-friendliness across the country by spreading awareness and engaging the young generation to achieve the objectives of the "Clean and Green Pakistan" initiative, supported by HEC and British Council. GYM aims to engage 2.5 million youth through this project. The eco-friendly initiative will reportedly create 65,000 green jobs across the country.
The melting glaciers, rising sea levels, changing rain patterns, combined with higher temperatures - these are the tell-tale signs of a looming climate crisis. Our planet is heating up at an unprecedented rate as humans continue to release toxic gases into the atmosphere and destroy forests to fuel their modern lives. Pakistan is also facing an array of environmental problems, including deforestation and pollution, which has prompted the government to introduce the Green Youth Movement (GYM). So, the Green Youth Movement aspires to promote a culture of eco-friendliness across the country by spreading awareness and engaging the young generation to achieve the objectives of the "Clean and Green Pakistan" initiative. The Green Champions under the Green Youth Movement will learn new approaches to solve the environmental problems in Pakistan as well as represent the country in other parts of the world and play their role to create a world full of scents, colors and flavors.
"Let's bring Pakistan back to life" Our vision is creating a land with a sustainable environment, actualizing the 'Pak' in our beloved country Pakistan. We aim to enrich everyone's life through agricultural restoration and waste management by remaining steadfast on our clean and green goals. This can only be done by the will and struggle of Pakistani youth.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the movement is to organize and invest in the youth to promote research based eco-innovation and action for spearheading environmental conservation and climate adaptation/mitigation in Pakistan and to harness global break on eco-innovation leading to green entrepreneurship. Specific objectives of the movement are to;
- Technically and financially invest in the demographic bulge of Pakistan-youth, and promote research and eco-innovation to spearhead environmental conservation and climate adaptation and mitigation
- Link eco-innovation to green entrepreneurship and jobs of the future.
- To Sensitize and Organize young people to contribute towards environmental conservation and green economy through actions that promote behavioral change and Eco-innovation.
- To mentor and promote young Eco-innovators at national, regional and international level harness global breakthroughs on Eco-innovations for Pakistan.
- Help universities become living labs for green innovation and practices for example Deforestation, Water Management, Water Conservation etc.