The Director Media & Publications is responsible for developing and executing a media relations programme for the University of Health Sciences Lahore. Responsibilities include developing and leading the entire University’s media strategy; identifying media – relevant stories to promote the University’s overall reputation in media outlets; issuing press releases, maintaining relationships with the media, government agencies and affiliated institutions; executing press outreach, media events, media calls, collateral, crisis communications support and press material development; providing communications counsel to senior management; helping to enhance the University’s success by applying proactive communications strategy; managing all matters related to printing and publishing; and serving as an official spokesman for UHS.
- Disseminates news and information on the university’s academic, administrative and student activities. It includes issuing official releases in English and Urdu in media to reflect the university’s activities, role, contributions and impact and to enhance the university’s image in general.
- Maintains regular contacts with all administrative and academic departments to keep abreast with all ongoing activities, and to provide media coverage on selected activities as required.
- Collects and compiles relevant information on educational activities of the country, government decrees and decisions that will affect the University. Passes relevant information to concern authorities for their deliberations.
- Provides strategic direction in the development and management of key University activities.
- Organizes the university’s homepage and ensures accurate and up-to-date information is being communicated effectively. Compiles edits and publishes the University Newsletter and Annual Reports. Prepares presentations and speeches for the Vice Chancellor. Leverages emerging technology and online tools to effectively communicate information to external audiences.
- Maintains close business contacts with concerned government departments and local information media. Includes conducting and exchanging regular visits and meeting with government and media officials.
- Writes articles and conduct interviews on UHS matters with media and ensures appropriate publications. Develops a deep understanding of University – wide strength and differentiators and serves as an articulate spokesperson for the University on all matters involving public relations.
- Manages all matters related to printing and publishing. Makes creative use of limited resources (both staff and budget).
- Supervises the activities of assigned personnel. Exercises financial authority at the level established by management for this position.
- Performs other related duties as required, such as preparing daily summaries of press news, placing advertisement in media, etc.