Research Publications of Biochemistry
1. Bano, F., Tahir, A. and Ghani, M., 2020. Prognostic and Predictive Role of Selected Biochemical Markers in COVID-19. Biomedica, 36.
2. Bano, F. and Akhter, N., 2020. Hypophagic and weight reducing effect of Momardica charinta fruit by Enhancing 5-HT neurotransmitter in rats brain. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 33.
3. 3. Manzoor, J., Ahmed, S., Talat, N., Qureshi, A.A. and Tahir, A., Primary Hyperparathyroidism Presenting as a Brown Tumor of Mandible in an Adolescent Girl-An Unusual presentation with Challenges and Outcome. Hormone Research in Paediatrics, 2019.
4. Shakil, M., Harlalka, G.V., Ali, S., Lin, S., D’Atri, I., Hussain, S., Nasir, A., Shahzad, M.A., Ullah, M.I., Self, J.E. and Baple, E.L., 2019. Tyrosinase (TYR) gene sequencing and literature review reveals recurrent mutations and multiple population founder gene mutations as causative of oculocutaneous albinism (OCA) in Pakistani families. Eye, 33(8), pp.1339-1346.
5. Akram, N., Mustafa, G., Hanif, A.A., Tawwab, S., Hussain, S., Kaul, H. and Mohsin, S., 2019. Cytochrome 2C19 and paraoxonase-1 polymorphisms and clopidogrel resistance in ischemic heart disease patients. Personalized medicine, 16(5), pp.379-386.
6. Tahir, S., Maari, N. and Chaudhry, A., Ghulam Mustafa, Hussain,S, Faheem Shahzad and Mohsin,S. 2019. Comparison of levels of von Willebrand factor and ADAMTS13 in Patients of Myocardial Infarction and Healthy Controls. Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College, 23(1), pp.25-29.
7. Nazish Butt, Farhat Bano, Mansoor Ghani, Atif Mansoor Ahmed, Nauman Majeed (2021) Association Of Serum Advanced Glycation (AGEs) End Products, Apolipoprotein-B And Zinc In Severity Of T2DM Retinopathy.Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.34, No.2(Suppl), March 2021, pp.803-808.
8. Farhat Bano, Naheed Akhter (2021). Ginseng Malva Verticillata Tea (GMVT) Improve Glucose and Lipid metabolism by upregulation of Leptin Hormone in overweight rats. Journal of Life Sciences. 5(2),89-98.
9. Nida Shafi, Frahat Bano (2021). The role of novel hormone Asprosin in insulin resistance during preeclampsia .Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.34, No.3(Suppl), May 2021, pp.1039-1043.
10. Farhat Bano, NidaShafi .Evaluation OF Novel Hormone Asprosin and Its Role in Insulin Resistance in Neonatal Cord Blood of Preeclamptic and Healthy Pregnant Mothers..Pakistan BioMedical Journal accepted for Dec.Issue2021
11. Anees M, Mumtaz A, Barki MH, Ibrahim M, Hussain S, Uzair M. Sex hormones and erectile dysfunction in hemodialysis patients. Pak J Med Sci 2009; 25(6):922-927. (IF-0.166)
12. Anees M, Mumtaz A, Barki MH, Sami W, Hussain S, Uzair M. Erectile dysfunction in hemodialysis patients. J Ayub Med Coll. 2009; 21(2):4-7. (Peer Review Journal).
13. Hannan A, Asghar S, Naeem T, Ikram Ullah M, Ahmed I, Aneela S, Hussain S. Antibacterial effect of mango (Mangifera indica Linn.) leaf extract against antibiotic sensitive and multi-drug resistant Salmonella typhi. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2013 Jul;26(4):715-9. (Impact Factor 0.95)
14. Muddasir Hassan Abbasi,Tasleem Akhtar, Ihtzaz A. Malik, Sana Fatima, Babar Khawar, Khawaja Abdul Mujeeb, Ghulam Mustafa,Shabir Hussain, Javaid Iqbal, Nadeem Sheikh. Acute and Chronic Toxicity of Thioacteamide and Alterations in Blood Cell Indices in Rats. Journal of Cancer Therapy, 2013, 4, 251-259. (Peer Review Journal)
15. A. A. Albajali, A. H. Nagi, M. Shahzad, M. Ikram Ullah and S. Hussain (2011). Effect of Allium sativa L. on pancreatic cells in comparison to Nigella sativa L. in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research Vol. 5(24), pp. 5779-5784. (Impact Factor 0.59)
16. Zille Rubab, Huma Amin, Khizer Abbas, Shabbir Hussain, Muhammad Ikram Ullah, Shahida Mohsin. Serum Hepcidin Levels in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease on Hemodialysis. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2015;26(1): (Peer Review Journal)
17. Maria Aslam, Shahida Mohsin, Huma Amin, Shabbir Hussain, Nisar Ahmed, Ayesha Bhalli (2014). Serum Transferrin Receptors in Children with Hypochromic Microcytic Anaemia. OJPathology: (4)2.125-129.
18. Bashir S, Mohsin S, Amin H, Rehman M, Hussain S, Saeed T. Comparison of changes in platelet count, mean platelet volume and swirling in stored platelet concentrates with and without platelet additive solution. J Appl Hematol 2014;5:10-4. (Peer Review Journal).
19. Shahida Mohsin, Sameen Amjad, Huma Amin, Tahir Saeed and Shabbir Hussain. Red Cell Alloimmunization in Repeatedly Transfused Cancer Patients. Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College (JRMC); 2013;17(2):219-222-219. (Peer Review Journal).
20. Effect of PAS on different in vitro parameters of Random donor platelets concentrates during 10 days storage. (Under review, in journal of Transfusion and Apheresis Science).
21. Irum Aftab, Shabbir Hussain, Shahida Mohsin "Analysis of FANCC Gene Mutations (IVS4+4A>T, DEL322G, R548X) in Patients of Fanconi Anemia in Pakistan (Under Review in International Journal of Laboratory Hematology, (Impact factor 1.80).
22. Muhammad Shakil, Muhammad Ikram Ullah, Shabbir Hussain, Saqib Mahmood, Haiba Kaul, Linkage analysis of Oculocutaneous albinism in Pakistani Families. 2016.
23. Farhat Bano & Ambreen Hafeez..Effect of Ginnseng herbal tea on whole brain serotonin level and its metabolites 5-HTP and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA) with the change in feeding behavior and body weight in albino wistar rats. Saudi Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.13 (12A), 1387-1291. (IF :1.12)
24. Farhat Bano & Naheed Akhter .Oral administration of GMVT exerts anxiolytic effects on behavioral animals’ models by increasing dopamine metabolism in rats. International Journal of Biology and Biotechnology .14(4), 525-530. (HEC .Y).
25. Saman Shahid, Nasir Mahmood, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Shaharyar Sheikh, Nauman Ahmad (2015). Mutations of the human interferon alpha-2b (hIFN-alpha-2b) gene in brain tumor patients exposed to different environmental conditions. Cancer Gene Therapy, 22: 246-261. (IF: 3.15)
26. Saman Shahid, Nasir Mahmood, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Shaharyar Sheikh, Nauman Ahmad (2015). Mutations of the human interferon alpha-2b (hIFN-alpha-2b) gene in occupationally protracted low dose radiation exposed personnel. Cytokine, 73: 181-189. (IF: 3.2)
27. Sohail Shahzad, Muhammad Yar, Saadat Anwar Siddiqi, Nasir Mahmood, Abdul Rauf, Zafar-ul-Ahsan Qureshi, Shahida Afzaal (2015). Chitosan-based electrospun nanofibrous mats, hydrogels and cast films: novel anti-bacterial wound dressing matrices. Journal of Materials Science Materials in Medicine, 26: 136. (IF: 2.38)
28. Saman Shahid, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Nasir Mahmood, Shaharyar Sheikh (2015). Impacts of terrestrial ionizing radiation on the hematopoietic system of the Siwalik residents of Pakistan. Polish Journal of Environmental studies, 24(4): 1783-1794. (IF: 0.76)
29. Muhammad Yar. Sohail A Shahzad, Marek Bajda, Lubna Shahzadi, Zulfiqar A Khan, Syed Ali R Naqvi, Sadaf Mutahir, Nasir Mahmood (2015). Synthesis, thymidine phosphorylase inhibition and molecular modeling studies of 1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-thione derivatives. Bioorganic Chemistry, 60: 37-41. (IF: 2.2)
30. Saman Shahid, Nasir Mahmood, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Nauman Ahmad (2015). Mutations of the Human Interferon Alpha-2b (hIFN alpha-2b) Gene in Low-Dose natural terrestrial ionizing radiation exposed dwellers. Cytokine, 76(2): 294-302. (IF: 3.2)
31. Ariba Farooq, Muhammad Yar, Abdul Samad Khan, Lubna Shahzadi, Saadat Anwar Siddiqi, Nasir Mahmood, Abdul Rauf, Zafar-ul-Ahsan Qureshi, Faisal Manzoor, Aqif Anwar Chaudhry, Ihtesham ur Rehman (2015). Synthesis of piroxicam loaded novel electrospun biodegradable nanocomposite scaffolds for periodontal regeneration. Materials Science and Engineering C, 56: 104-113. (IF: 3.08)
32. Saman Shahid, Nasir Mahmood, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Shaharyar Sheikh, Nauman Ahmad (2015). Immune Response and Gene Mutations in Protracted Low-Dose Medical Radiation Exposed Personnel. Cytokine, 76(2): 595-96. (IF: 3.2)
33. Saman Shahid, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Nasir Mahmood (2015). Mutations of the human interferon alpha-2b (hIFN?-2b) gene in cancer patients receiving radiotherapy. American Journal of Cancer Research, 5(8): 2455-2466. (IF: 4.16)
34. Muhammad A Qadir, Mahmood Ahmed, Muhammad I Shafiq, Nasir Mahmood, Sarosh Anwar, Tayyaba Habib, Sajilah Nosheen (2015). Synthesis, Spectral Characterization and Biological Activities of Methyl Substituted Amino Acid Conjugated Sulfonamides. Latin American J of Pharmacy, 34(8): 1511-5. (IF: 0.37)
35. Muhammad Yar, Sohail Shahzad, Saadat Anwar Siddiqi, Nasir Mahmood, Abdul Rauf, Muhammad Sabieh Anwar, Aqif Anwar Chaudhry, Ihtesham ur Rehman (2015). Triethyl orthoformate mediated a novel crosslinking method for the preparation of hydrogels for tissue engineering applications: characterization and in vitro cytocompatibility analysis. Materials Science and Engineering C, 56: 154-164. (IF: 3.08)
36. Saman Shahid, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry, Nasir Mahmood, Kamran Hussain, Shaharyar Sheikh, Nauman Ahmed (2015). Hematological Profiling and Assessment of Suspected Environmental Factors of Brain Tumor Patients: A Prospective Study of a Tertiary Care Hospital in Pakistan. Journal of Neurological Sciences, 32(43):89-105. (IF 0.11)
37. Fayyaz Ahmed, Nasir Mahmood, Saman Shahid, Zahid Hussain, Ishtiaq Ahmed, Amir Jalal, Bushra Ijaz, Abubaker Shahid, Ghulam Mujtaba, Tanveer Mustafa (2016). Mutations in Human Interferon ?2b (hIFN-?2b) gene and Potential as Risk Factor Associated with Female Breast Cancer. Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, 31(6): 199-208. (IF: 1.778)
38. Sohail Shahzad, Lubna Shahzadi, Nasir Mahmood, Saadat Anwar Siddiqi, Abdul Rauf, Faisal Manzoor, Aqif Anwar Chaudhry, Ihtesham ur Rehman, Muhammad Yar (2016). A new synthetic methodology for the preparation of biocompatible and organo-soluble barbituric- and thiobarbituric acid based chitosan derivatives for biomedical applications. Materials Science and Engineering C, 66: 156-163. (IF: 3.08)
39. Salma Hameed, Kartyk Moganeradj, Nasir Mahmood, Timothy D. McHugh, Muhammad Nawaz Chaudhry and Catherine Arnold (2017). Sequence analysis of the rifampicin resistance determining region (RRDR) of rpoB gene in multidrug resistance confirmed and newly diagnosed tuberculosis patients of Punjab, Pakistan. PLOS ONE, 12(8): e0183363. (IF: 2.80)
40. Muhammad Yar, Sohail Shahzad, Sohail Anjum Shahzad, Nasir Mahmood, Lubna Shahzadi, Sheila MacNeil (2017). Heparin binding chitosan derivatives for production of pro-angiogenic hydrogels for promoting tissue healing. Materials Science and Engineering C, 74: 347-356. (IF: 3.08)
41. Saffora Riaz, Farkhanda Manzoor, Nasir Mahmood, Saman Shahid (2017). Molecular detection of M. tuberculosis & M. bovis and hematological & biochemical analyses in agricultural sprayers exposed to pesticides: a cross sectional study in Punjab, Pakistan during 2014-2016. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, 00:1-10. (IF: 3.185)
42. Saba Munir, Nasir Mahmood, Saman Shahid, Muhammad Idrees (2017). Molecular detection of Isoniazid, Rifampin and Ethambutol resistance to M. tuberculosis and M. bovis in multidrug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) patients in Pakistan. Microbial Pathogenesis, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2017.07.005. (IF: 2.009)
43. Muhammad Ishfaq, Nasir Mahmood, Idrees Ahmad Nasir and Muhammad Saleem (2017). Biochemical and molecular analysis of superoxide dismutase in Sordaria fimicola and Aspergillus niger collected from different environments. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 26(1): 115-125. (IF: 0.79)
44. Muhammad Ishfaq, Nasir Mahmood, Idrees Ahmad Nasir and Muhammad Saleem (2017). Biochemical and Molecular analysis of Laccase Enzyme in Saprobic fungus; Sordaria fimicola. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 19: 204-210. (IF: 0.808)
45. Ullah MI, Ahmad A, Zarkovic M, Shah SS, Nasir A, Mahmood S, Ahmad W, Hubner CA, Hassan MJ. Novel duplication mutation of the DYSF gene in a Pakistani family with Miyoshi Myopathy. Saudi Med J. 2017 Dec; 38(12):1190-1195. (IF 0.709) PMID: 29209666
46. Rubina Dad, Muhammad Ikram Ullah, Amjad Ali, Muhammad Jawad Hassan. 2017. Identification of Biological Functions of risk loci associated with complex epilepsy: An in silico approach for data analysis. Int. J. Biosci. 10(3):388-398.
47. Sattar A, Hussain S, Ullah MI, Mahmood S, Mohsin S. 2017. Screening of Intron 1 Inversion of Factor VIII gene in 130 patients with severe Haemophilia A from Pakistani cohort. Turk J Haematol. doi: 10.4274/tjh.2017.0031. (IF 0.686) PMID: 28294101
48. IrfanUllah, Abdul Nasir, Sarmad Mehmood, Sohail Ahmed, Muhammad Ikram Ullah, Asmat Ullah, Abdul Aziz, Syed Irfan Raza, Khadim, Saad Ullah Khan, Muhammad Jawad Hassan, Wasim Ahmad. 2017. Identification and in silico analysis of GALNS mutations causing Morquio A syndrome in eight consanguineous families. Turkish J Bio. 41;(3): 458-468. (IF 1.038) DOI: 10.3906/biy-1607-81
49. Ahmad A, Dad R, Ullah MI, Baig TA, Ahmad IN, Nasir A, Hübner CA, Hassan MJ. 2017. Clinical and genetic studies in patients with Lafora disease from Pakistan. J Neuro Scien. 373; 263-267. (IF 2.295) PMID: 28131202
50. Hussain S, Amar A, Najeeb MN, Khaliq S.Two novel mutations in the NR5A1 gene as a cause of disorders of sex development in a Pakistani cohort of 46,XY patients. Andrologia. 2015;10 (12470). (IF-1.73).
51. Ullah Z, Ullah MI, Hussain S, Kaul H, Lone KP. Determination of Serum Trace Elements (Zn, Cu, and Fe) in Pakistani Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Biological trace element research. 2016 May 30:1-7.
52. Shakil M, Ullah MI, Hussain S, Firasat S, Mahmood S, Kaul H. Homozygosity mapping of a consanguineous Pakistani family affected with oculocutaneous albinism to Tyrosinase gene. International Journal of Ophthalmology. 2016;9(5):794.
53. Ahmed, S., Hussain, S., Ammar, A., Jahan, S., Khaliq, S. and Kaul, H., 2017. Interleukin 6 Receptor (IL6-R) Gene Polymorphisms Underlie Susceptibility to Rheumatoid Arthritis. Clinical laboratory, 63(9), pp.1365-1369. (IF-0.84)
54. Hameed, A., Rubab, Z., Rizvi, S.K.A., Hussain, S., Latif, W. and Mohsin, S (2017). Levels of platelet-derived micro particles and soluble p-selectin in patients of acute myocardial infarction (case control study). JPak Med Assoc. 67(7). 998-1003. (IF 0.616)
55. Kaul, H., Hussain, S., Mustafa, G. and Naz, S., 2017. Fine mapping of chromosome 9 locus associated with congenital cataract. International Ophthalmology, pp.1-6. (IF 1.132)
56. Aftab, I., Iram, S., Khaliq, S., Israr, M., Ali, N., Jahan, S., Hussain, S., Khaliq, S. and Mohsin, S., 2017. Analysis of FANCC gene mutations (IVS4+ 4A> T, del322G, and R548X) in patients with Fanconi anemia in Pakistan. Turkish journal of medical sciences, 47(2), pp.391-398. IF- 0.710).
57. Shah, S.I.A. and Ghani, M., EARLY CHANGES IN BONE METABOLISM AND SERUM SEX HORMONES IN ANDROGEN DEPRIVATION THERAPY. The Prof med Journal. 2017.24(4).534-538.
58. Kaul, H., Suman, M., Khan, Z., Ullah, M.I., Ashfaq, U.A. and Idrees, S., 2016. Missense mutation in SLC4A11 in two Pakistani families affected with congenital hereditary endothelial dystrophy (CHED2). Clinical and Experimental Optometry, 99(1), pp.73-77.
59. Shakil, M., Ullah, M.I., Hussain, S., Firasat, S., Mahmood, S. and Kaul, H., 2016. Homozygosity mapping of a consanguineous Pakistani family affected with oculocutaneous albinism to Tyrosinase gene. International journal of ophthalmology, 9(5), p.794.
60. Irum, B., Khan, S.Y., Ali, M., Kaul, H., Kabir, F., Rauf, B., Fatima, F., Nadeem, R., Khan, A.O., Al Obaisi, S. and Naeem, M.A., 2016. Mutation in LIM2 is responsible for autosomal recessive congenital cataracts. PloS one, 11(11), p.e0162620.
61. Farhat Bano & Ambreen Hafeez..Effect of Ginnseng herbal tea on whole brain serotonin level and its metabolites 5-HTP and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA) with the change in feeding behavior and body weight in albino wistar rats. Saudi Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol-3, Iss-12A (Dec, 2017): 1287-1291.
62. Farhat Bano & Naheed Akhter .Oral administration of GMVT exerts anxiolytic effects on behavioral animals’ models by increasing dopamine metabolism in rats. International Journal of Biology and Biotechnology .14(4),525-530.
63. Farhat Bano & Naheed Akhter . Effects of Nigella Sativa Aqueous Extract on Serotonin (5-HT) Neurotransmitter: A Therapeutic Marker for Neurological Diseases and Related Disorder. . Saudi Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol-4, Iss-3 (Mar, 2018): 319-324.